Does hemp oil help with stress
- On 2022-12-14
Does Hemp Oil Help With Stress
I’m feeling so overwhelmed with work and family responsibilities. I don’t know how to manage it all. The stress is keeping me up at night, even though im exhausted.
I’ve been having a lot of anxiety lately and it’s really starting to affect my daily life.
I feel like I’m constantly on edge and I don’t have anyone to talk to about it. It’s really starting to take a toll on me.
Finding the best stress relief routine is only 50% of the battle, the other 50% is consistency!
Hemp oil has helped many build a strong stress relief routine, but not all hemp oil products are the same!
- CBDA and CBD oil from hemp have been used by many people to help relieve stress
- The new CBDA oil products are now being shown to be much more effective than CBD
- A stress reducing daily routine is your best shot at reducing stress
- Exercise and breathing routines are also important in your daily stress relief routine
- How hemp oil can help with stress relief
- What kind of hemp oil is best for stress
- How much hemp oil to take
- Signs of excess stress
- Top 5 stress relief activities
- How to identify quality hemp oil
How hemp oil can help with stress relief
Depending on the kind of hemp oil, many users report stress relief, and there is a building body of research to suggest cannabinoids as a potential treatment.
The cannabis plant’s compounds have been used for a long time help boost mental wellness. While many people are familiar with the marijuana plant and the effects of THC, the medicinal benefits of hemp oil have received much attention from the public and research community in the last couple years.
The most common form of hemp oil is CBD oil, and is now a common sight in many stores. CBD products have been used for a variety of purposes, from anxiety disorders to pain relief, and is even a pharmaceutical drug for treating epilepsy.
There are many different kinds of hemp oil, and depending on the manufacturing processes, can produce a variety of CBD oils. There are now pre clinical and clinical research studies showing they may be beneficial in helping with stress and anxiety disorders.
What kind of Hemp oil is best for stress?
The two main cannabinoids studied for the stress and anxiety benefits are CBD (cannabidiol) and CBDA (cannabidiolic acid).
Cannabinoids in the hemp flower are naturally in the acidic form, and when conventionally extracted and purified, they convert to their decarboxylated form. This may look like converting CBDA to CBD, or CBGA to CBG. Does this mean their health benefits change?
Acidic cannabinoids are now found to have much greater absorption than their decarboxylated forms. In a recent study, CBDA was found to be over 1000% better absorbed than CBD.
Given the many different hemp oil types, what should you be looking for?
- Natural Spectrum CBDA Oil – This unique purification from Natural Dos contains all the acidic cannabinoids, including THCA, found in the hemp plant.
- Full spectrum CBD oil – These decarboxylated hemp oils contain all the cannabinoids found in the hemp plant, including THC.
- Broad spectrum CBD oil – This form of CBD oil typically contains all the cannabis plant’s compounds in their decarboxylated form, but no THC.
There are a number of pre clinical studies showing that CBDA can help with anxiety disorders. Many of the studies using CBD to test its efficacy for treating anxiety end up using very high doses. While they show promising results, the scientific evidence points towards a dose over 200mg to reach good outcomes. In ones study of social anxiety disorder, the researchers found they needed 600mg of CBD oil to provide significant relief.
How much hemp oil to take
Bioavailability (how well a compound is absorbed) is critical to the efficacy of a compound. One of the benefits of CBDA, and other acidic cannabinoids, is its very high absorption rate. Multiple studies are coming out showing that full spectrum CBDA oils can be over 1000% better absorbed than their decarboxylated forms.
We recommend a CBDA dose to start between 25mg to 50mg. If you are taking CBD oil, whether full spectrum CBD oils or broad spectrum CBD oil, we recommend start with 50mg, and working your way up since you may not see a difference under 100mg.
How to take your hemp oil
Smoking or vaping provide fast absorption, but they may be harmful as heated side products can cause damage to the lung. Under the tongue application of CBDA or CBD tinctures is also a rapid method, since your capillaries will quickly absorb the cannabinoids if left there for 1-2 minutes. Most tinctures use coconut oil, olive oil, or hemp seed oil, but we prefer the coconut derived MCT oil since it has a neutral taste and does not spoil.
Edibles are also fine, especially if you are taking CBDA, due to its high absorption rate.
To see if hemp oil can provide relief for stress and anxiety, it is important that the supplement be incorporated into a daily routine. Without a consistent routine that helps calm your stress, you will not have lasting results.
Signs of excess stress
We are often caught up in our daily lives, and don’t take the time to reflect on our state of well being. The human body is great at adapting, but sometimes that adaptation is not good for us, and leads to things like panic disorder and social anxiety. This will show up as slow but significant changes in your physical health.
Chronic stress can be a a literal killer, so we listed some common signs that excess stress may be affecting your life:
Changes in appetite or sleep patterns
Excess stress can often cause a person to either lose their appetite and lose weight, or to have increased cravings for food and gain weight. While the specific response is personal, the change from your normal routine is a sign. Similarly, stress can cause a change in a persons sleep pattern, typically leading to difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep, and sometimes it’s the opposite where you sleep a lot more than usual.
Increased irritability or moodiness
Excess stress can affect a person’s mood and make them more prone to outbursts of anger or irritability. You may also experience changes in their mood, such as feeling anxious or depressed. This can put a lot of strain on your relationships, especially with your significant other or kids.
Often, stress can lead to headaches, stomachaches and muscle tension, especially when coupled with poor sleep. These symptoms can be a sign that a person is experiencing excess stress in their life.
If these stress and anxiety signs look familiar, please speak with your healthcare professional. Long term stress can lead to cardiovascular complications, and should be actively managed.
If you had a night out drinking, you may find the following day that your anxiety is increased. This is due to changes in your biochemistry, and has not been termed hangxiety. The symptoms may be similar to normal anxiety, and should resolve with sleep and hydration.
Top 5 stress relief activities to add to your routine
While a supplement can help with your stress, it typically wont work on its own. Having a daily routine that helps your body maintain good health is also important. Below are some well studied elements that have shown to improve mental wellness.
- Exercise: Engaging in regular physical activity has been shown to be one of the most effective ways to relieve stress and anxiety disorders in women. Exercise releases endorphins, which are chemicals in the brain that help to improve mood and reduce feelings of stress and anxiety. In addition, regular exercise has been shown to improve overall health and well-being.
- Mindfulness: Practicing mindfulness, or being fully present in the moment, has been shown to be an effective way to relieve stress in women. Mindfulness involves paying attention to the present moment without judgment, and can help to calm the mind and decrease feelings of stress and anxiety. Many studies are now showing that active mindfulness can improve mental health and well-being.
- Social support: Having a strong network of friends and family to support you can be a great way to reduce stress. Social support provides a sense of belonging and can help to improve overall well-being. Research has shown that having strong social connections can help to decrease stress levels and improve mental health.
- Relaxation techniques: Techniques such as deep breathing, meditation, and yoga have been shown to help reduce stress and improve overall health. These techniques work by calming the mind and body, and can help to decrease feelings of stress and anxiety. In addition, relaxation techniques have been shown to improve overall well-being and mental health.
- Time management: Effective time management can help to reduce anxiety by providing a sense of control and organization. By setting priorities and managing your time effectively, you can reduce feelings of being overwhelmed and improve overall mental wellness. Multiple studies have shown that effective time management can help to decrease stress levels and improve mental health.
How to identify quality hemp oil
Because extracting and purifying the cannabis plant can take multiple manufacturing steps, its important that you check for a reputable certificate of analysis (CoA). To evaluate ingredients in the product, look for accurate potency and absence of contaminants like heavy metals and pesticides. See our CoA guide on how to interpret the testing results.
If you are taking multiple medications, speak with a healthcare professional before trying CBDA or CBD oil. Preliminary evidence suggests that high doses of CBD can have drug-drug interactions that may cause elevation of liver enzymes.