Delta 8 Gummies for Pain: A Natural Solution?
Chronic pain is often debilitating, affects work, family life, and just enjoying your normal social events with friends. Often, finding relief can sometimes create just as many problems!
If you’re like most people, then you’ve probably dealt with pain management at some point or another. And if you suffer from pain, it’s not just your body that’s hurting. If your one of millions, you’ve tried to treat the pain with many different medications. Then you know how hard it is to find a solution that actually works without adverse events.
But there’s good news! There’s an easy and natural way to manage – Delta 8 gummies! Delta 8 THC products have been popular for quite some time now, especially in states that do not have medical marijuana. These cannabis based gummy products may help you manage your pain. And when combined with CBDA, may also address other symptoms, such as nausea and vomiting.
In this blog post, let’s explore all about Delta 8 gummies for pain. Let’s also delve down on how easy it is to get started using the product so you can get the optimum benefits. So read on.
- Delta 8 THC gummies are a popular cannabis product that are considered a milder alternative to Delta-9 THC.
- These gummies are often used to alleviate many health issues, particularly bodily aches.
- While Delta 8 Gummies are milder in their intoxicating effects, it is still crucial to note that they are a psychoactive substance.
- It’s important to do your research on the product before adding Delta 8 gummies to your routine, and purchase from reputable sources to ensure the product’s quality and purity.
- What are Delta 8 gummies?
- How Delta 8 gummies can help with pain management
- Types of Delta 8 gummies
- How to choose and use Delta 8 gummies for pain
What Are Delta 8 Gummies?
Delta 8 THC gummies are a popular and on trend cannabis product. They are considered a milder alternative to Delta-9 THC, and for many people who are looking for the THC benefits but do not want to get too high, this cannabinoid works well. Since delta 8 THC is derived from hemp cannabinoids, it is legal under the federal law, although some states have outlawed it.
These gummies are often used to alleviate many health issues, particularly bodily aches. They provide a milder, more clear-headed high than other Delta 9 THC based products. While Delta 8 Gummies are milder in their intoxicating effects, it is still crucial to note that they are a psychoactive substance. Hence, they may cause potential side effects if higher doses are taken, and can still show up positive in routine drug tests.
Always consume them responsibly, and do not use delta 8 while operating a care or other heavy machinery. While there is no official recommended dosage guidelines, see our information below for what works for many consumers.
How Delta 8 Gummies Can Help With Pain Management
Delta 8 THC works by interacting with the body’s cannabinoid system (ECS). The ECS contain cannabinoid receptors that when Delta 8 and other cannabinoids bind, it can produce many beneficial effects in the human body. These effects depend on the type of cannabinoid and biochemistry of the person, and while everyone is a bit different, we can expect similar types of responses.
Delta 8 and the endocannabinoid receptors
The main action of Delta 8 THC is to promote pain relief and can also have effects on inflammation. This is done by activating CB1 receptors found throughout the body’s ECS, such as in the brain and peripheral nerves. When stimulated by Delta 8, these receptors alter how we feel pain. Often, delta 8 THC is combined with CBDA or CBD into an edible for enhanced effects on the endocannabinoid system.
Delta 8, inflammation, and pain relief
Delta 8 THC activates the CB1 receptor by mimicking anandamide, which may be decreased during inflammation. This compound plays a significant role in memory, appetite, sleep, and pain relief. When anandamide binds to these receptors, it helps reduce feelings of pain and stimulates feelings of pleasure. Hence, producing a significant analgesic effect.
Furthermore, it can help relieve pain by reducing the neurotransmitters that are released when injured or experiencing discomfort. And because of its anti-inflammatory properties and swelling, it’s also helpful for those suffering from joint pain caused by conditions like arthritis or fibromyalgia.
There is a lot of customers who are taking delta 8 products for help with pain relief and management. In fact, many people have reported that they found relief from their chronic pain and were able to enjoy their normal activities more. This seems to be especially true for those who have tried many different treatments without success.
Types of Delta 8 Gummies
Delta 8 THC gummies are a great way to get your daily dose of beneficial cannabinoids. There are several forms of Delta 8 gummies available on the market, including:
Full-Spectrum Delta-8 Gummies:
These gummies contain more than just delta-8 THC. They also contain other cannabinoids, such as CBDA or CBD, and terpenes found in the hemp plant. All of these compounds working together can create an “entourage effect” that enhances the potential benefits of Delta 8 THC.
Delta-8 Isolate Gummies:
These gummies contain only Delta 8 THC, typically derived from a delta 8 isolate. These gummy products are typically manufactured for getting people high, and come in much larger doses than a normal consumer should use.
Vegan Delta-8 Gummies:
These gummies are made with vegan-friendly ingredients. As such, it is made from agar or pectin, instead of gelatin.
Delta 8 Gummies with Other Ingredients:
Some delta-8 gummies may also contain other ingredients, such as melatonin for sleep benefits. Others may contain vitamins for added health benefits.
How to Choose and Use Delta 8 Gummies For Pain
When it comes to using Delta 8 gummies, many people respond differently to different amounts, so its important to know what kind of consumer you are before trying. Here is our guide so you can pick out the best one for your needs.
Best delta 8 gummies for pain relief?
Well, first off, you need to know what kind of gummies you’re looking for. Do you want them to be flavored? Do you have any allergies or dietary restrictions? Getting straight with your purpose of why you are buying them will allow you to narrow your choices.
What ingredients to look for? Below we outline some top mixtures that work best with Delta 8 gummies for pain relief:
- CBDA oil– this cannabinoid is the parent to CBD, and has recently been found to have over 450% better absorption than CBD. It also has unique anti-inflammation properties similar to NSAIDs that are independent of the endocannabinoid system. Delta 8 gummies with CBDA may be a great alternative to products with Delta 8 alone.
- CBD oil – a mixture of Delta 8 THC and CBD will provide a better alternative than Delt 8 alone.
- Vitamin mixture – some Delta 8 gummies come with vitamin mixtures. While it doesn’t hurt to supplement your diet with vitamins, it is often the case that the quantity of vitamin in these gummies is never enough to make a difference.
Overall, we recommend the Delta 8 THC gummies with CBDA oil as the top choice for pain relief. Are we biased, maybe, but the scientific evidence on CBDA is outstanding.
How to Use Delta 8 Gummies?
Now that you have bought your delta 8 gummies, what is the best routine?
- If you are new to Delta 8 gummies, start with a low dose first. Either buy gummies that have a lower dose, or you can cut your gummies in half or quarters to get the appropriate starting dose. See the next section for more details.
- You do not necessarily need to take Delta 8 gummies on a full or empty stomach, either will work fine. There is some data suggesting that if you have a meal high in fat content, you may get better cannabinoid absorption.
- If you are experiencing chronic pain, then taking gummies for pain relief will most likely be multiple times a day. Most consumers will do one in the morning, and then again in the afternoon or early evening. Delta 8 can take up to 1 hour to kick in, and wears off within 3 to 5 hours depending on the individual and dose.
- Do not take if you are planning on operating a vehicle or other machinery. Delta 8 can affect reaction time, and will show up positive for THC on most drug testing kits.
- If you are on other medications or have a history of liver complications, speak with your physician before trying. While low doses are not known to have significant drug-drug interactions, speaking with a professional never hurts.
What does CBDA oil and CBD oil do with Delta 8 gummies?
A Delta 8 product with CBDA and CBD can help balance out the effects, and also improve the anti inflammatory properties of the gummy. Consumers typically find that this kind of product is best for getting the most health benefits.
This could be an article itself, but finding the right dose requires trial and error because everyone is a bit different.
Here is a common outline for those new to delta 8 THC products:
- Get a notebook to record how you feel. This will help you keep a record so you can better dial in what works for you.
- Start low, typically this will be in the 1-3mg per dose range. Since most Delta 8 gummy products are much higher dose, you will want to cut the gummy into half or quarter. Wait a couple hours and see how you feel, record your observations. Do this for 2-3 days, then move on to the next step.
- If you are not getting the results you want, try a slightly higher dose at 4-6mg. Wait 2-3 hours and see how you feel. Do you feel better, can you work and interact well? Try this for a couple days.
- If a moderate dose is not getting results, you can try for a dose around 7-10mg. At this higher dose, most people will start to feel a mildly euphoric feeling. Record how you feel, and if you can still do your normal activities.
- Typically, anything higher than 10mg is going to give a high feeling, and maybe this is what works for you in the evening for example. We should note that many people used to the effects of THC take doses well above 20mg.
If you end up taking higher doses, or are a senior on multiple medications, please speak with your doctor.
How to choose the best Delta 8 gummies
There are many Delta 8 gummy products on the market, so how do you know what is best?
- It comes with a certificate of analysis (CoA). A CoA is a report from a third party testing lab that shows the potency and purity of the product. This is critical since many products may not have consistent dosing. It also insures that your product does not have any contaminants. If you do not know how to read a CoA, check out our CoA guide.
- Check the dosing of the Delta 8 gummy product before buying. If you are new, make sure it is a lower amount or can but cut into smaller pieces for proper dosing.
- Make sure your delta 8 gummies for pain come with CBDA or CBD for maximum benefit.
Possible Side Effects and Precautions
There are some possible side effects that you can experience when taking Delta 8 Gummies, especially at higher doses. These side effects may include the following:
- Nausea or vomiting
- Mood swings
- Sleepiness during the day
These side effects are usually mild and can be managed at home by rest, hydration, and may be balanced out by the addition of CBDA or CBD. But if you experience severe form these side effects, contact your doctor immediately. If you are unable to reach them, you may call 911 or go to the nearest emergency clinic.
In conclusion, Delta 8 gummies are becoming a go to in the natural pain relief area. Delta 8 THC, the active ingredient in these gummies, interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system, and can also be boosted by addition of CBDA and CBD.
Additionally, aside from pain management they also offer other various health benefits when combined with a natural spectrum CBDA oil. As such, they can also be used as a natural alternative for those who are looking for a way to help with anxiety and stress. Delta 8 gummies may also help promote good sleep by calming the mind before bed.
However, it’s important to do your research before adding them to your routine, so follow the above outline before buying. Make sure to always follow a dosing strategy that starts low so you dont experience unwanted side effects.
Because Delta 8 is a relatively new cannabinoid on the market, it’s likely that more research will be conducted to understand its full benefits and risks. While they have not been approved by the FDA, Delta 8 gummies may provide a safe and effective alternative to many traditional pain relief options.