Delta 8 Gummies, Hangover Relief? Find Out The Truth
Have you ever had a hangover? Then you know how much they suck. Your head is pounding and your stomach is going to explode. Hangovers are just plain agonizing! You might just want to crawl in your bed until the feeling is all over.
We’ve all been there and we understand the feeling. We’ve actually got a solution for you – Delta 8 gummies. Among the emerging cannabis derived products, these gummies work great as a hangover relief (at least the legit brand).
They pack a serious punch when it comes to easing your post-drinking shenanigans. With all that being said, not all Delta 8 gummies are created equal, some might be made with potentially harmful chemicals and may cause adverse events in the human body. That’s why choosing the right brand is crucial.
In this blog post, we’ll tell you more about Delta 8 gummies for hangover relief and give tips on how to choose a reputable manufacturer. We’ll also talk about what causes hangovers in the first place, so read on.
- Dealing with hangovers can be a literal pain and they are a major hassle that can easily ruin your entire day.
- There is a natural solution to alleviate hangover symptoms without resorting to prescription drugs or harsh chemicals – Delta 8 gummies.
- Delta 8 gummies offer a natural and safe way to ease your hangover symptoms and provide relief, and their beneficial effects can be boosted by adding CBDA or CBD.
- It is crucial to follow dosage and precaution when consuming Delta 8 gummies and take them responsibly.
- What causes a hangover?
- Symptoms of a hangover
- What are Delta 8 gummies?
- How does Delta 8 THC work?
- How Delta 8 gummies help with hangover symptoms?
- Are Delta 8 gummies safe?
- How to use Delta 8 gummies for hangover relief?
What Causes a Hangover?
A hangover is a common experience for those who consume alcohol, especially in large quantities or have lower alcohol metabolism. When alcohol is consumed, it is metabolized by the liver via enzymes called alcohol dehydrogenases. These enzymes convert alcohol into acetaldehyde, which is a toxic substance that leads to the symptoms of a hangover.
Also, since alcohol causes dehydration, it can lead to pounding headaches and daytime fatigue. Additionally, alcohol can irritate the stomach lining, which may lead to nausea and vomiting.
The severity of a hangover varies greatly depending on the amount and type of alcohol consumed. Individual factors such as age, weight, and overall health also add to the extremity of hangover.
Why Some People Experience Worse Hangovers Than Others?
There are several factors that play into this fact:
- Your weight can affect how much alcohol you can drink before intoxication. If you’re taller and heavier than average, it will take more alcohol to get drunk than if you’re shorter and lighter than average.
- Your age also influences how quickly you become intoxicated from drinking alcohol. The older you are, the longer it takes for your body to break down the alcohol once consumed and, therefore, the longer it will take to metabolize all the remaining alcohol in your system when you wake up after drinking too much last night!
- Genetics may also influence how quickly someone becomes intoxicated after consuming excessive alcohol, not just their weight and height but also their gender (women tend to process alcohol faster than men).
Symptoms of a Hangover
The common symptoms of a hangover include:
Excessive alcohol consumption can lead to headaches due to the inflammation it causes in the body. Alcohol triggers the release of certain chemicals in the body. This can cause blood vessels to expand and press against nerve endings, causing pain.
Moreover, when the body detects inflammation, it sends signals to other body parts to alleviate the condition. Hence, leading to pain in other areas of the body. In addition to inflammation, dehydration is another factor that can cause headaches during a hangover.
Nausea or Vomiting
As mentioned, one of the primary reasons is that alcohol irritates the lining of the stomach, causing nausea and vomiting. Alcohol can also increase the production of stomach acid further irritating the stomach, leading to feelings of nausea. As the body tries to process the alcohol, it can also cause fluctuations in blood sugar levels, which also triggers nausea and vomiting.
Alcohol is a diuretic, meaning it increases urine production and can lead to dehydration. When you consume alcohol, it inhibits the release of an antidiuretic hormone called vasopressin. This chemical in the body normally helps your kidneys reabsorb water and reduce urine production.
With reduced levels of vasopressin, your kidneys produce more urine, causing you to lose more fluids and electrolytes. This can lead to dehydration and lower electrolyte balance, which can cause other symptoms such as headache, dizziness, and fatigue.
Fatigue and Weakness
Fatigue and weakness are the most common symptoms of a hangover. These symptoms occur in part, because alcohol inhibits the production of adenosine triphosphate (ATP). ATP is an important energy source in the body, powering muscle contractions and maintaining blood flow to all tissues. Also, since alcohol causes lowers sleep quality, this will lead to fatigue as well.
What Are Delta 8 Gummies?
Delta 8 gummies are types of edible hemp products that contain Delta 8 THC. Delta 8 THC is a psychoactive substance found in small amounts in the cannabis plant.
Some of critical things to know about Delta 8 Gummies:
- These gummies can be made with natural ingredients, such as coconut oil, sugar and gelatin, or sometimes with more conventional ingredients.
- They are probably the most convenient and discreet way to consume Delta 8 THC, and may be more popular than smoking the cannabis sativa plant.
- Delta 8 gummies are known for their relaxing and pain-relieving effects. Most users report that they offer a milder and more manageable high compared to Delta-9-THC. The Delta 9 THC is the main psychoactive compound in traditional cannabis.
- Some Delta 8 THC gummies also have CBDA or CBD in them, and thus may offer a superior alternative to Delta 8 THC only gummies since you are getting the combined benefits.
How Does Delta 8 THC Work?
Delta 8 THC binds to cannabinoid receptors in the body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS). The ECS helps regulate many physiologic factors, including mood, appetite, and pain. When Delta 8 THC binds to these receptors, it can produce various beneficial effects, such as relaxation, and pain relief.
Specifically, Delta 8 THC binds to the CB1 receptor (cannabinoid receptor 1), which has been widely studied as a receptor for Delta 9 THC from marijuana.
Many people find that the effects of THC, either delta 8 or 9, are much better when CBDA or CBD are consumed at the same time. This is why you see many products that have a 1:1 ratio (THC:CBDA/CBD) or 1:5, or even 1:10.
How Delta 8 Gummies Help With Hangover Symptoms
There is currently limited studies and research on the specific effects of Delta 8 gummies on hangover symptoms. However, many people have reported that Delta 8 gummies were able to alleviate some of the painful symptoms caused by hangovers.
Unlike Delta 9 THC, Delta 8 THC has a slightly different chemical structure producing a less intense psychoactive effect than the latter. Since Delta 8 THC produces a more mellow high than Delta 9 THC, this makes it more suitable for use during a hangover.
Additionally, Delta 8 THC may have some anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties, which are enhanced by balancing with CBDA or CBD oil. Hence, it could potentially help with hangover-related headaches and body aches.
It’s important to note that Delta 8 gummies, like all cannabis products, can have varying effects on different individuals. It’s also crucial to consume Delta 8 gummies responsibly and in moderation, as overconsumption can lead to potential side effects.
Finally, if you’re considering using Delta 8 gummies for hangover relief, start with a low dose and see how your body reacts before consuming more.
Are Delta 8 Gummies Safe?
Delta 8 gummies are known for their potential therapeutic or medical uses. However, it’s crucial to consider their safety and legality before purchase and consumption.
These gummies are generally safe when consumed responsibly and in moderation. But, not all Delta 8 gummies offer the same benefits in a way that some brand may contain potentially harmful substances.
Delta 8 is typically manufactured from CBD oil, which is partly what makes it legal. The chemical synthesis process to convert CBD to Delta 8 THC has been known for a while, but you still need to be careful and potentially harmful by products created during the process.
Its important to check for a certificate of analysis from a reputable third party testing lab that covers these 5 main components:
- Potency – the amount of specific cannabinoids should reflect what on the product labeling.
- Heavy metals – the cannabis plant absorbs metals from the ground so this testing is important.
- Solvents – make sure the lab tested for additional chemicals or solvents left from the product formulations
- Pesticides – while most pesticides are illegal to use when growing hemp, residual pesticides in the soil can still be absorbed.
- Microbials – poor manufacturing may lead to bacterial growth that can cause harm.
For this reason, consumers should be mindful when purchasing Delta 8 gummies. Hemp-derived products made from uncontrolled or unsanitary settings may lead to unintentional exposure to dangerous compounds. And since these products may have unsubstantiated therapeutic claims, it can mislead consumers.
Furthermore, Delta 8 gummies result in psychoactive and intoxicating effects. This may cause serious health risks if a significant dose is taken, or if children are exposed. To avoid these risks, before consuming any new substance, consumers should consult with a healthcare professional. This is especially crucial if you have any underlying health conditions or are taking other medications.
Finally, to ensure their safety, consumers should purchase Delta 8 gummies from reputable sources with certificates of analysis. It should have been tested for purity and potency and is free from harmful contaminants. It’s important to prioritize safety and by doing so, you can avoid concentrated amounts of potentially harmful substances by selecting these FDA-regulated products.
How to Use Delta 8 Gummies, Hangover Relief
If you are considering using Delta 8 gummies for hangover relief, there are some important factors to keep in mind for safe and effective use.
It is important to start with a low dose of Delta 8 gummies, especially if you are new to this cannabinoid. A typical dose for Delta 8 gummies can range from 5mg to 15mg, but starting with a lower dose, such as 5mg, is recommended and gradually increasing if needed. Always follow the manufacturer’s dosage recommendations and consult a healthcare professional if you have any concerns.
More experienced users may opt for doses above 15mg. If that is not you, try cutting the gummy in half for better results. If you are new to Delta 8 THC, you may experience adverse effects if you take too much.
Timing for Best Results
The timing of when you consume Delta 8 gummies can impact their effectiveness for hangover relief. It is recommended to consume them as soon as you wake up, ideally with a light breakfast, to help alleviate hangover symptoms throughout the day. Additionally, it may be helpful to consume Delta 8 gummies before going to bed after a night of drinking to help prevent a hangover from occurring.
You can expect Delta 8 THC gummies to kick in 15 minutes to 1 hour after ingestion.
Remember, it is important to note that the effectiveness of Delta 8 gummies for hangover relief has not been scientifically proven, and users should always exercise caution and follow dosing recommendations.
Hangovers can be a real pain to deal with, and they can ruin your entire day. While there are many supposed remedies out there, not all of them are effective or safe.
Delta 8 gummies for hangover relief offer a natural solution that may help ease your symptoms without the need for harsh chemicals or prescription drugs. However, it’s important to remember that Delta 8 gummies can still cause side effects, and users should always exercise caution and follow dosing recommendations.
In addition to using Delta 8 gummies, it’s also important to practice responsible drinking habits to prevent hangovers from occurring in the first place. Drink plenty of water, eat a balanced meal before drinking, and avoid binge drinking to reduce your risk of experiencing a hangover.